Discover the beauty of Romania's coastline on this day trip to the Black Sea. Historic Constanta and stunning Mamaia Beach await you!
Black Sea Day Trip
Escape the hustle and bustle of city life on your trip to Bucharest and swap the Romanian capital for its stunning Black Sea coastline. At 8:30 am on the day of your tour, you'll be picked up from your hotel and set off towards the east, in the direction of Romania's best beach destinations.
After a two hour drive, you'll reach Constanta, a city with more than 2500 years of history. Hopping off the bus, you'll get to stretch your legs, exploring the historic coastal city on foot. Discover its legendary past, from its foundation by the Ancient Greeks in the 6th century BC, to its occupation by the Romans and the Ottoman Empire, and to its current status as a popular tourist hotspot.
Throughout your visit, you'll be enchanted by the monuments and landmarks which demonstrate Constanta's lengthy history: the Saint Peter & Paul Orthodox Cathedral, the Museum of History and Archaeology, the Roman Mosaics and the Great Mosque. Stroll along the seafront past the elegant casino that reigns supreme over the port, an emblematic image of the city.
At the end of your walking tour of Constanta, you'll head to Mamaia. Did youn know that this beach town is known as the Romanian Ibiza? You'll have three and a half hours of free time in Mamaia to discover why! Enjoy its beautiful beaches and indulge in a delicious meal while taking in the sea views (not included).
Having made the most of your time in Mamaia, you'll make the return journey to Bucharest, where you'll arrive at around 8 pm after a full day of fun at the Black Sea.
Hotel pick up
This day trip includes a pick up service from the main hotels and hostels in Bucharest. If your hotel is located elsewhere, an alternative meeting point will be arranged.
The minimum age to take part in this activity is 4 years old.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 8 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 4 and 7 years old|
Children between 4 and 7 years oldUS$ 50.80
1 hour - 12 hours.
The tour is exclusively in English.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English speaking guide.
Transport by bus.
Entrance to monuments visited.
Food and drinks.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.