Delve deep into the beautiful mountain landscapes of Transylvania and Wallachia on this full-day trip from Bucharest. Explore the mystical Bran, known as Dracula's Castle and the Peles palace-castle.
Bran and Peles Castle Day Trip
After being picked up from your hotel in Bucharest, you'll head north through the mythical forests of Transylvania.
Our first stop takes blace in the Bran Castle, where you'll learn the story of one of Romania's most famous characters, Vlad "The Impaler", a sinister character from the 15th century, which inspired the famous Bram Stoker novel, "Dracula". We'll remember the parts of the story that will help us to understand the development of the myth, as well as how this character became an icon of popular culture and a symbol of Romania.
With the tour of Bran complete, we'll stop nearby to relax with 60 minutes of free time to eat lunch. then we'll make our way to Sinaia, a mountainous region of Wallachia, where we'll visit the imposing Peles castle. Its palatial halls were used by the Romanian royal family as their summer residence, and we'll tour the wide halls, beautifully decorated according to taste at the end of the 19th Century, when King Carol I began its construction.
Pick Up Time and Schedule
The excursion includes pick up in the main hotels and hostels in Bucharest from 7:30 am. If your hotel is outside this area, we'll offer you an alternative meet point.
When making your reservation, if your hotel includes an exact pick-up time we'll pass to pick you up then. If not, we'll contact you before the tour to confirm your pick-up time.
Peles Castle is closed on Mondays. If you do your tour on a Monday, instead of visiting the inside, ee'll see Peles Castle from the outside and, as an added plus, we'll visit an exhibition on medieval torture instruments in Bran.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 10 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Adults||Children between 4 and 12 years old||Children under 4|
|English language guided tour||
English language guided tour
Children between 4 and 12 years oldUS$ 53.50
Children under 4not permitted
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
Pick up and drop off at hotel.
English speaking guide.
Round trip transport.
Tickets for Bran (Dracula's) Castle and Peles Castle (€ 16 (US$ 19.50)).
When to book?
You can book up to the start time, as long as there are places remaining. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
Frequently asked questions
Q - Does the bus have a bathroom?
A - No, but we do make bathroom stops during the journey.
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 4 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
If you have any other questions please contact us.