Discover the charms of northern Bulgaria on this excursion to the picturesque city of Ruse from Bucharest. Explore ancient Roman ruins, historic monuments and a fascinating museum.
Ruse Day Trip
At 8:30 am on the day of your tour, we'll pick you up from your hotel in Bucharest and set off on the journey south. After an hour and a half drive, we'll reach the city of Ruse, located on the banks of the Danube River just across the border in Bulgaria.
Often nicknamed Little Vienna, Ruse is known for its elegant 19th century architecture. We'll embark on a guided tour of the city's historic centre and visit its most emblematic places of interest, like the Opera House, the library and the Monument of Liberty.
Our next stop will be at the Regional Historical Museum of Ruse, where you're sure to be captivated by the impressive artillery collection amongst other fascinating exhibitions, before continuing onwards to admire the Church of the Holy Trinity.
We'll then take a well-earned break, and you'll have an hour and a half of free time for lunch. Don't miss out on trying the local cuisine at one of the restaurants in the area!
With renewed energy, we'll next visit the ancient fortress that remains from the Roman city of Sexaginta Prista, as Ruse was historically known. Wandering amongst the ancient ruins, we'll find the old city wall and the barracks.
For the finishing touch on our tour of Ruse, we'll head to the banks of the Danube River to enjoy a peaceful stroll alongside the water. At the end of the day, we'll make the return journey to Bucharest, where you'll be dropped off at your hotel at 5:30 pm.
To participate in this activity, you must bring your passport with at least 6 months validity on it to cross the border to Bulgaria. Citizens of the European Union can present their national ID.
The minimum age to take part in this activity is 4 years old.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 15 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
Day trip to Ruse
Children between 4 and 7 years oldUS$ 35
Students between 8 and 25 years oldUS$ 57.10
Seniors over 65 years oldUS$ 57.10
The tour is exclusively in English.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English speaking guide.
Transport by bus.
Entry to Ruse Regional History Museum (12 BGN, approx. 6.15 EUR per person).
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
No (not advisable for people with reduced mobility).