Enjoy a day among Romanian Carpathians with this day trip that will take you to Sinaia, a city high in the mountains. You'll discover the city, visit its impressive monastery and travel back to the 19th century when entering Peles Castle, which used to be the royal family's summer residency.
Sinaia and Peles Castle
After picking you up from your accommodation in Bucharest at 9 am, we'll head towards Sinaia. During the journey we will get to know more about the history of Romania, discovering the contributions of the royal family and the legends of love which surround it, thanks to the English-language audioguide on the bus.
Our first stop will be Sinaia Monastery, the oldest parts of which date back to the 17th century. Here we'll be able to visit some of its rooms and see the original features.
We'll then continue on to Peles Castle, built by the Romanian royal family to dazzle the European aristocracy. We'll enter the castle and visit some of its more than 160 rooms and halls, and we'll be able to admire the gardens, fir tree forests and sculptures that surround this palace. The building, crowned by several turrets, will make us feel like we're in a fairy tale.
Our next stop is Sinaia mountain resort, where you'll have free time to have lunch (not included) and explore this tourist destination in the mountains. You'll be enchanted by its spectacular panoramic views and the beautiful villas that fill the town.
The trip will end back in Bucharest at around 5 pm.
Hotel pick up
The tour includes pick up at around 8:30 am from the main hotels and hostels in Bucharest. If your hotel is located elsewhere, we'll inform you of an alternative central meeting point.
When making your reservation, if your hotel indicates an exact pick up time, we will pick you up at that time. Otherwise, we will contact you before the tour starts to confirm the exact pick up time.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 15 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
- Alcoholic drinks are not available.
|Adults older than 17||Children between 4 and 16 years old||under 4|
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Adults older than 17US$ 39.90
Children between 4 and 16 years oldUS$ 22.30
under 4not admitted
The activity takes place with an audioguide in English.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English language audioguide.
Transport by air conditioned vehicle.
Food and drinks.
Entry to Peles Castle (€ 7 (US$ 8.20) to € 14 (US$ 16.50) per person).
Entry to Sinaia Monastery (€ 1.20 (US$ 1.40))
Fee for taking photos and videos in Peles Castle (€ 8 (US$ 9.40)).
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
We will send you a voucher that you can show on your phone to take part in the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.