Escape the Romanian capital for a day and explore the Slanic Salt Mines on this day trip from Bucharest. Discover the largest salt mines in Europe!
Slanic Salt Mines Day Trip
On the day of your tour, you'll be picked up from your hotel in Bucharest at 8:30 am, ready to set off towards the north of the Romanian capital. The journey will take you deep into the Wallachia region, and you'll arrive at the Slanic Salt Mines after two hours.
Arriving at the largest salt mines in Europe, you'll embark on a guided walking tour of the enormous mine, lasting an hour and a half. You'll reach more than 650 feet (200 metres) underground! The tour around Slanic Mines will take you to see the salt museum, where you'll discover everything there is to know about the salt extraction process and learn about the mineral's healing properties.
At the end of the guided tour, you'll have free time to eat (not included) or to continue exploring the salt mines at your own pace, before leaving Slanic behind and visiting the Salt Mountain. This unique natural monument forms part of the mine works!
Finally, you'll head back to Bucharest, where you'll be dropped off at around 4:30 pm.
The minimum age to take part in this activity is 4 years old.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 8 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
Seniors over 65 years oldUS$ 39.50
Student up to 25 years oldUS$ 77.90
Children between 4 and 7 years oldUS$ 77.90
The tour is exclusively in English.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English speaking guide.
Entrance to Slanic Salt Mines.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - this activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).