Follow in the footsteps of the prince who inspired the legend of Dracula at the Snagov Monastery. This tour from Bucharest will also take you to the beautiful Mogosoaia Palace.
After being picked up from your hotel, you'll head to the stunning Mogosoaia Palace. Although less than ten miles from Bucharest city centre, you'll feel a whole world away. The palace is a beautiful example of 17th century Romanian Renaissance style known as Brancovenesc architecture, and is surrounded by spectacular gardens. Learn about its history as you enjoy the peaceful atmosphere.
Travelling further back in time, you'll next visit Snagov Monastery. You'll find this mysterious 14th century Romanian Orthodox monument located on an island in the middle of Snagov Lake. According to myth, the infamously cruel 15th century prince Vlad the Impaler, the inspiration for Bram Stoker's legendary novel Dracula, was buried here.
Following your guided tour of the mysterious Snagov, you'll set off back to your hotel in Bucharest.
- This day trip includes pick up and drop off at the main hotels and hostels in downtown Bucharest. If your accommodation is not located in this area, a central meeting point will be arranged.
- Children under 4 years old are not permitted on this tour.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 8 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. Masks will be given to those clients who do not have their own.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear gloves throughout its duration.
- Disinfected radio units will be provided, and headphones will be single-use.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The temperature and wellness of all those taking part in the service will be monitored daily, excluding and maintaining in quarantine any who display fever or symptoms.
- The temperature of all attendees will be taken, and admission will be denied to those with a temperature of more than 37 degrees Celsius (99 Fahrenheit), and a full refund applied.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- The capacity of all means of transport will be reduced to 50% of their maximum capacity.
- At monuments, museums and attractions, the maximum permitted capacity will be a 50% of the total maximum capacity.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
English language guided tour
Seniors over 65 years oldUS$ 39.30
Students between 8 and 25 years oldUS$ 39.30
Children between 4 and 7 years oldUS$ 28.10
The tour is exclusively in English.
Pick up and drop off at hotel.
Round trip transportation.
English speaking guide with expert knowledge of local art and history.
Entrance ticket for Mogosoaia Palace and Snagov Monastery.
When to book?
Book as soon as possible to guarantee availability, especially during public holidays and festivities.
If there are still places available, you can book until the previous day (local time in Bucharest).
Once your booking has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing your booking voucher. Please print it out or download on your smartphone/tablet to show on the day of the activity.
Frequently asked questions
Q - How to book?
A - To reserve the activity, choose the date and complete the form on this page. You will receive your confirmation immediately.
Q - Is a minimum number of participants required?
A - This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. Should this number not be reached, we'll get in touch with you to offer alternatives.
No (not suitable for people with reduced mobility).