Known for its impossible bends in the mountains of Transylvania and Valaquia, you'll feel like you're in an action movie as you discover the famous Transfagarasan Road.
Transfagarasan Road Trip
We'll start the day by picking you up from your hotel in Bucarest at 7:30 am. From there we'll head to the Transfagarasan Road, built in the 70s by the Romanian armed forces to provide strategic access to the provinces of Transylvania and Valaquia.
Before we set out on the famous road, we'll take a stop at Curtea de Arges, one of the country's most beautiful monasteries, which has long been a burial ground for the Romanian royal family. Inside, we'll find out about its most famous legend!
We'll travel through the spectacular bends in the Transfagarasan Road while we climb between the mountains, and we'll pass by the Vidraru Dam. Here we'll take a short pause, which you can make the most of to take some fabulous photos of the scenery.
As we continue our route, we'll reach the highest point on Transfagarasan Road: Lake Balea, a glacial lake surrounded by mountains. Here we'll discover some of the interesting facts about the surroundings and we'll walk to the other side of the mountain to get a panoramic view of the road. In total, we'll have two hours to have lunch in one of the restaurants located in this most beautiful and popular spot on the road. This, of course, is another photo opportunity!
With our energy replenished, we'll return to Bucarest on the opposite side of the road, meaning that we can still admire all of the incredible scenery surrounding us.
To take part in this activity, children must be at least 5 years old.
All of our providers comply with local legislation and applicable health recommendations regarding protection and safety, to help avoid the spread of Covid-19. Specifically, the provider of this tour will apply the following measures:
- Tours or activities will not consist of more than 6 people per group.
- A safe distance of one metre between clients will be maintained whenever possible.
- The use of masks is obligatory. The client must bring their own mask.
- Alcohol gel will be available before, during, and after the service.
- All those running the service (guide, driver etc...) will wear a mask throughout its duration.
- Handing out of printed material such as maps or brochures will be avoided.
- The transport used will be disinfected before and after each service and deep-cleaned every 24 hours.
- Showing your voucher on your phone will be enough, and it is not necessary to print anything.
|Per person||Children under 5|
|Tour in English||
Tour in English
Per personUS$ 150.90
Children under 5not permitted
The activity takes place with a guide that speaks in english.
Hotel pick up and drop off.
English speaking guide.
Transport in an air conditioned minibus.
When to book?
You can book up until 48 hours before the activity as long as there are still places. Book now to guarantee your spot.
Show the voucher on your phone to take part in the activity.
No, not advisable for people with reduced mobility.
Do you have any questions?
Find answers to our most If you have any other questions please contact us.