Below, we've put together a list of the public holidays in Bucharest.
- 1st January: New Year's Day.
- 24th January: Union Day. A celebration of the unification of the Romanian Principalities of Moldovia and Wallachia in 1859 and the foundation of the Romanian modern state.
- 24th February: Dragobete. A festivity similar to Valentine's Day.
- 1st March: Martisor. Spring festival.
- 1st May: International Labour Day.
- 1st November: All Saints' Day.
- 1st December: Romania National Day. Commemoration of 1st December 1918, when the unification of all Romanian provinces was signed.
- 25th December: Christmas Day.